Tuesday, March 23, 2010

DIARY OF A CELEBRITY PERSONAL TRAINER: Caracas Venezuela to Guayaquil Ecuador to Salinas Ecuador to Santiago Chile


To summarize Caracas - I was crying for most of the day buuuut learned a whole bunch and the next day was back to normal and armed with knowledge:)

Friday morning I worked and ran like a chicken minus a head. Worked, trained, worked, trained, worked, dealt with the longest check out of a hotel ever. We got on a plane back to Panama and rushed onto the connecting flight to Ecuador, as our first flight had an hour delay on the tarmac. We landed late and stayed at a hotel close to the airport. There were cute little iguanas in the rooms (they come out during this season) and the buffet breakfast was super tasty! I also really enjoyed the workouts in the very well equipped gym in the hotel that morning. When I was working out, the TV had an interesting infomercial for a product called “lipodress”...got a good chuckle out of it.

Yesterday, we jumped on a bus and rode out 2.5 hours from Guayaquil, to the sea side town of Salina. It was a great way to see the country by driving in the day. We had a quick turn around at the Resort and jumped right into press, then to rehearsals. We did have a few minutes to check out the beach as we ordered food from the beach side grill. The humidity here is incredible, I absolutely love it!

The show was full of energy and I got a great shot of Sean on guitar from backstage. After the show, I did a bit of work then headed down to Celia’s room for an after party. By 4am I was heading to bed, hardly able to keep my eyes open.

Today is another long flying day. I woke up at 8am and felt my lack of sleep from last night. Regardless, I gave in once again to my new addiction (espresso) and hopped on a treadmill. I'm trying to get in as many workouts as I can, since I don’t know what each day will hold and if I will actually be able to be active. 15 minutes before the end of a buffet I ran down and got breakfast for 2 peeps (myself included). I brought the plates back to my room, stored one in a fridge and ate the other. It was really yummy fish with yucca, a corn wrap and some of the best papaya I’ve ever had. Still had a couple hours before departure so I trained my chest and back. At 1pm, we all checked out and were on a bus to drive back to Guayaquil to the airport.

The ride was super fun... we had a karaoke party for 2 hours! It was very funny, I actually got up and sang in my very bad singing voice in front of all these musicians. Did my best to honor Bryan Adams: Everything I do. I sang from the heart :)

Currently chillin' at the airport and I managed to walk away from a store called Republic of Cacao. The smell in there was outstanding!

Maggie D
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment