Friday, February 19, 2010

DIARY OF A CELEBRITY PERSONAL TRAINER: Day 5 Vancouver Olympics 2010

Although it says it's Day 5, it's actually day 11 of 17 being on the road. It's day 5 of my beautiful Vancouver trip at the 2010 Olympics. Which, by the way doesn't seem as hectic this portion of the tour. If you read back to Europe or LA, you will remember 2 hours of sleep a night and the thought of a day off...Ha! So I am trying to enjoy the calm before the storm starts up again. Fun storm I might add!

Sunday:
After work in the morning and training myself, I headed downtown to the famous Robson Street to commingle with the many people in the closed-off streets. There was a lot to do here besides the usual restaurants and upscale shopping Robson has to offer; there was an ice-skating rink, free hugs being given out, LOTS of very happy peeps and zip line rides from one building to the next! Would have loved to do the zip line, but it was a 4 hour wait.

In the afternoon we went back to BC Place for the first Medal Ceremonies. The medal awards were incredibly touching and I loved how the unified the stadium felt. Awards given were for speed skating (men’s 1,500 m), ladies’ freestyle skiing moguls and speed skating (men’s 5,000 m and ladies’ 3,000 m). Shout out to winner’s Kristina Groves and Jen Heil!

After the ceremonies, I spent the rest of the evening low key making dinner and going to bed early. Super important to get the right amount of zzz’s to promote cell regeneration and keep stress hormones such as cortisol down. Night.


Monday:
Today's morning looked a lot like all my other mornings in Vancouver; workout the client, work out me and go out for breakfast. Also, today THANKFULLY I was able to do some laundry at the hotel (there was a laundry facility available). I was seriously out of clean clothing and at the same time cleaning clothes and dishes actually makes me quite happy. Weird trait I know, but I have some other weird ones too such as enjoying dental visits, going to the doctor and well...I will stop there. Lol

Went out for that super tasty sushi again with Kathryn for lunch, followed by an Olympic sized round of Yoga. 2.25 hours of Hot Yoga followed by Power Yoga. Both types are strength and cardio intensive, yet provide the much needed breathing and flexibility aspect. My legs were Jell-O by the time we sat down for dinner later that night.


Speaking of dinner, I tagged along to a double date dinner and we went to a famous Vancouver restaurant called “Guu”, a Japanese tapas eatery. http://www.guu-izakaya.com/ The food was super tasty and very interesting. It was unlike other Japanese restaurants I’ve been to before. The service was equally as interesting; the staff kept yelling out things as people arrived, left or ordered certain food. Very lively, I just wish I knew what was being said!

Tuesday:
Not much to report, as it’s a travel day. Shortly after rising I went to the gym for a pre-flight workout, packed and we were off to the airport back to Toronto for another short 15-hour stay before heading off to Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment