Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DIARY OF A CELEBRITY PERSONAL TRAINER: Guatalajara

Yesterday was the first concert of the tour and what a concert it was! The energy of the crowd, the flow of the show and the output of members... it was like we were all on fire! When Kathryn told me that concert tours were a breeze compared to promo tours, I really didn't have much faith. I have to say, all those sleepless nights, high stress situations, lack of home and family are TOTALLY worth it! So far, this part of the tour runs like a very well oiled machine.

Our schedule is formulated right down to the minute each day. The meetings we had on arrival day allowed us to create this magic plan. I love lists and clarity on what my roles are supposed to be in any situation. When it's outlined for me, I follow it to a T. Give me room to play and there are bound to be interpretations. There have been times when I swear I hear "DO WHAT YOU WANT MAGGIE" and "MAGGIE, DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I HAVE SAID." Reasonable????

My Jobs Day #1:

- Wake up call
- Gym workout/training
- Breakfast
- Order and prep food
- Bring hot and cold beverages and snacks during interviews
- Train myself: Arms, Abs and Skipping Circuit, followed by a bit of Cardio
- Bring hot lunch
- Shower and pack up for the rest of the day/evening
- Depart for venue
- Beverages on stage for sound check
- A bunch of computer work and return emails
- Bring dinner
- Go eat dinner
- Get ready for stage and set the stage with drinks
- Complete a body warm up pre stage
- Walking to stage (my job here is to have beverages available for drinking)
- SHOW TIME!!!!
- Throughout the show I help with changing outfits in the quick-change room for all the
singers at various stages
- Pack the car
- Do what is called a runner back to the hotel (post show)
- Arrive at hotel, bring meal
- Complete a warm down with stretching. I try to incorporate some Thai massage techniques here
- Unpack my workbag, clean up all empty containers, organize for the next day and pre order breakfast (if I'm still awake at this time)
- TRY to go to bed... didn't happen 'till 3am

Highlights Of The Day:

- Seeing the crowd and watching a full concert from side stage
- How calm and collected everyone is and how hard each individual works to make it happen. There is an extraordinary amount of work that goes on behind the scenes and it's hard to fathom the extent of it
- The dressing room was huge and beautiful. 2 rooms, full bathroom, super clean. Great place to hang out
- I was able to give my grains to the kitchen to cook for me :)
- It was warm and we got a chance to eat outdoors
- Got a big mischievous laugh out of picking up someone's walky-talky and making fun on one of the body guards with a disguised voice. I was giggling so bad I couldn't say my lines... those are the best laughs
aren't they?
- Finding my lost and favorite warm up jacket. Couldn't bear the thought of actually having to go shop for a replacement
- Eating hot salsa dressing for food as a big salad... got a funny comment from catering about this
- Had a wonderful cleansing Spanish drink made with cactus juice, parsley, grapefruit juice and some other stuff
- I wasn't late for anything!!!

Lowlights Of The Day:

- I ate too many nuts and felt sick
- Stayed up way too late
- Wished I could speak Spanish to order food with more efficiency
and less worry

Maggie D
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment