Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DIARY OF A CELEBRITY PERSONAL TRAINER: Guatalajara To Mexico City

Woke up at 9am (or at least I though it was), ordered breakfast, finished packing, brushed my teeth and threw on my giant new Tom Ford sunglasses and a hat - I’ve decided that big sunglasses are the new stylish, no-nonsense make up. Typical of me, I was at Kathryn's door with my bags and passport RIGHT at 9:30am. In reality I woke her up, cause it was 8:30am. Well, I had an hour to muck about so I went down for a run. At the real 9:30am, I brought breakfast to hungry people, cleaned myself up, checked out, sat on my phone and texted till my battery died.

Overall, the morning was very smooth. By bringing the bags and all the passports to one room before we leave, it allows for one person to collect everything and bring it to the airport. So, at this point we all get our bags checked in and boarding passes ahead of time so when we arrive, all we do is receive our passport and boarding pass and walk straight to security. This was such a dream!!!!! Wish travel could always be so easy and expedited. All I has to look forward to now was a easy and quick flight (1 hour) to Mexico City.

Apparently in Mexico, the rules on liquids aren't as fierce. I know the reasoning behind it, but I really dislike the fact you can't bring water through North American security. It puts such a damper on my water consumption addiction. Lol After a short flight, we arrived in Mexico city. The bags were collected already and all we had to do was walk out into our car and off we drove to our hotel. Again...dreamy!!! I’ve stayed at this hotel before and can I say, the bathroom is one to be admired...one day I will have a bathroom like this to frolic in.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, I got lunch ready, camped out in my room and began to type like a monkey on a keyboard. Oh!!!! The files are IIINN the computer....oooh oh ohh ahhh ahhah eeeeh! (think Zoolander). Later that day, I hit the gym for legs and planned on going to have my Absolute. Favorite. Soup. Ever; its called Caldo Xotchil. It’s a chicken soup with chunks of avocado, spices, lime, jalapenos and rice or chickpeas.

Post workout, Kathryn and I decided that it would be an awesome idea to do Yoga in the eucalyptus steam room. We decided that we were both cool with doing Yoga in our sports bras and underwear. All was going well and we felt quite liberated until a couple dudes showed up. We quickly covered ourselves and retreated to the sauna next door. Fantastic Yoga session for us and a potentially dream steam room session for a random onlooker. Lol

After cleaning up, we head to grab that soup I’ve been thinking about since my last trip to Mexico city in August 2009. After much deliberation over location, we found a restaurant that looked familiar. So we walked in, were seated and I noticed I was being stared at...basically I walked into the equivalent of Nobu in gym clothes (Lululemon pants and a bright green short t-shirt and flip flops). This was a 5 star French restaurant...Oops! Got the soup though!

Bye till tomorrow

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment