Thursday, March 25, 2010

DIARY OF A CELEBRITY PERSONAL TRAINER: Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires Argentina


We arrived at the venue last night and I seriously didn’t touch the sun at all. After working out at the hotel we walked into the mini vans from underground. I promptly fell asleep across 3 seats in the back of the car. I think the tour is getting to my energy level a bit as I was zapped come lunch time. I continued to sleep the whole way to the arena, waking up to look at the inside of a stadium.

Eventually my legs worked and I was super impressed with how beautiful the stylists had made the place look. The backstage and dressing rooms were pretty funky; the walls were totally covered in drapes, multi level/color/style furniture, chandeliers, art and fun rugs.

I made and ate some dinner, did warm ups and stretching, set up my station in the quick change room and the usual other little things I do to complete my job description. The concert was fun. It was a sold out show and there was a really great energy from the crowd. At the encore, I packed up my bags, food, workout equipment and had them all ready to go in the vehicle (I call it the getaway car). I also prep drinks, hand cleaners, cold wraps and blackberry for use post concert.

Upon arrival to the hotel, I tried to coordinate a meal delivery for my client as soon as I returned. After I dropped it off to the hungry performer, I ran down to my room to pack up my two bags and bring them to Kathryn’s room. It was midnight and lobby call was 545am (on the bus) hummm...didn't leave much sleep time. I pre-showered, got my carry on all set up, pre-ordered breakfast, brought bags to Kups (Kathryn’s room), transferred room service charges, set out my clothes for travel (actually I wore the exact same outfit I had on at the concert, just different underwear) and checked out. To end the evening, I ran up and did a mini Yoga session to help calm and relax myself, (I can’t imagine how hard it would be to fall asleep after performing for so many people, must be a crazy rush) and jumped into my own bed praying sleep would wash over me quickly.

Next thing to sink into my consciousness was a phone call, an unnecessary one (you know I love you Kups) at 515am! I was hoping for a 530am wakeup call via room service. Guess it worked out for the best, because in the end I was on time and able to hand in my point’s card for the hotel. I brought breakfast up and looked exactly the same as the night before when I descended into the lobby, with the exception of wearing slippers rather than flip flops. I jumped on the bus and off the airport we went. We landed in Buenos Aires at 10 am. I actually got some sleep on the flight. YAY!

On the airport transfer to the hotel I ate a steaksicle (hunk of steak on a fork) in the car. When I got up to my room, I didn’t bother unpacking. I worked out a bit and managed to get in 30 minutes of cardio, went back to work, and back to the gym for a quickie shoulder workout on the roof.

It was then time to go off to the show...everyone was really tired and low energy today. Regardless the concert was great! Ahhh the battery on my computer is about to die and I don’t have an adapter for the power.

We’re leaving for Rio EARLY ewwwwwByeeee!

Maggie D
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment