Friday, March 26, 2010

DIARY OF A CELEBRITY PERSONAL TRAINER: Buenos Aires Argentina to Porto Alegre

It was a case of what the mind wanted to see and what the eyes didn’t catch. Lobby call was 7:15am and I woke up at 7:15am thinking we had call at 7:45am. Thankfully I was prepared to leave and was downstairs in 3 minutes (I even dropped off breakfast).

The morning transportation of a subway has been replaced with an airplane. Normally I like an aisle, but today I stuck with a window seat and slept for almost 2 hours. Before we boarded the plane, I stopped in at the Duty Free to pick up some amazing chocolate treats that Veikko (tour manager) introduced me to. It’s horrible that I found such a wonderful treat and I won’t be able to find it unless I come back (although that seems like a great excuse to return).

I instantly loved Brazil as soon as we landed and I felt the energy. The heat and humidity is totally up my alley; it’s further north than the last two places and much more tropical. I think I am meant to live in this type of climate and my hair and skin think so too (they look great)! I had two hours to myself before we started work when we got to the hotel. I found an espresso and went to the top floor of the hotel for a workout. On the treadmill, I noticed a rooftop poolso as soon as cardio was done I borrowed a bikini and jumped in. The view was incredible, mountains to one side and ocean to the other.

In the evening we traveled to a TV show set to perform an acoustic set on Big Brother Brazil. At a critical moment, when I was across campus and needed to receive messages, I realized my blackberry was missing....again EEEEKKKK! Fortunately, someone gave it to Veikko who found me and gave it to me. No clue how it got lost to begin with.

On our way back to the hotel we stopped at the ocean for a few minutes. The ocean sounded beautiful and inspired me to leave my window open all night to listen to the crash of the waves and be wrapped in the sweet hot air. I got a BBM message from Kathryn at 6:00am asking if she could sleep over. She also left her windows open, however wasps entered her room and the poor girl got stung. Not wanting to sleep in her bed she came over to my insect free room for 2 more very much needed hours of sleep.

At 8:30am it was off to the airport to perform an "airport workout" with the luggage. Every morning we pretend we are working out by unloading bags from the van, loading them onto carts, pushing them to the check in and unloading approx 20 pieces of luggage onto the conveyer belt. We do the same but in reverse upon arrival. Kathryn and Veikko have a little guessing contest for the weight of each bag, they are actually pretty accurate!

When we landed, we went straight to the venue for press, getting ready, and the concert...write more soon :)

Maggie D

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment